DAY IN THE LIFE OF THIS SAHM

Tuesday, September 15, 2015


A couple pages from my planner of last week and some school stuff

I get asked A LOT "What exactly do you do all day?". I find it a little difficult to answer because in the broadest sense, I make sure I keep a child alive. I also cook and clean. There's a bunch of other things sprinkled within that realm that don't really get the light of day because who even has time to listen to that? So I thought it best to just catalogue a typical day for me, here you go!

The start of our morning walk!

5:00am - Wake up, get breakfast and make myself some tea with lemon and honey. Eat it in bed, review my planner and reflect on what I want to accomplish for the day.

5:30am - Scroll through my Instagram feed and check my emails. Read through Business Law Chapter 2, take notes and read through PowerPoint presentation online.

7:00am - Penelope is up, change her diaper and snuggle for a bit. Then I start making breakfast...oatmeal w/ almond milk, blueberries, chia seeds, cinnamon and honey. As she's eating I clean the kitchen, water the plants and make the bed.

8:00am - Get Penelope ready for the day. Brush her teeth, put on lotion, clothes, sunblock and do her hair.

8:30am - Head out for our morning walk. I like to get her active pretty early since it's so hot where we live, the earlier the better to beat the heat. It's a short walk but it takes an hour because I don't rush her through anything. We make tons of stops and she picks up leaves and sticks, there's a house we always stop at to say hello to their two dogs. That's probably her favorite part, she gets on the floor and talks to them through the fence.

9:30am - Get back to the house, time for a snack for both of us. We have some apricots and tortilla chips. Random pregnancy cravings. This is our talking time, she talks and talks and talks and I love just listening and asking questions.

10:00am - Get in the shower and get ready. No makeup or hair today, my body is feeling kind of beaten up already so I just put on some comfy yoga pants and call it a day.

10:45am - We head to Trader Joes and get some groceries than go by the library but they are closed :(     Our books are due today and I can't extend any longer so I might have to make a trip later to return them.

Trader Joes flower pitstop

12:00pm - Lunchtime. We had steamed broccoli and carrots, rice, meatballs and avocado. Again, for lunch I sit with her and we eat together. 

12:30pm - It's time to get Penelope ready for her nap. Clean up time, she goes through the house and picks up everything she played with. I put her down for nap time and get on the computer to work on this post, update social media and edit and upload photos from my phone from today. Also doing a nap time battle with her the whole time, as it seems lately she just doesn't want to sleep. She decided not to sleep until 2:00pm. Joy.

2:30pm - Studying Business Law and finishing out Ch 2. reading and notes. This class is really intense with a hardcore teacher so any extra time I get, I'm working ahead of the timeline to get things done.

3:30pm - Ornan is home and Penelope just woke up! He's been working a lot of overtime and is starting work at 3am all this week, so we chat for a second then he goes off to shower and should be relaxing, but instead helps me do the laundry and then fixes our bed. I start getting dinner together which ends up being super simple: brown rice, Trader Joe's mussels in white wine and some baked zucchini with parmesan. Right before he gets home I tidy up everything and finish loading the dishwasher. Tons of dishes are made between morning and late afternoon here. Then we both lay down with Penelope and color with her until dinner time.

5:00pm - Dinner time! Penelope sets the table with help from me, we pray and then all sit down to eat. I load the rest of the dishes, run the washer and then head to our bedroom to get on the computer and take my test for Business Law. 100% score...yayyyuh!

7:00pm - Ornan takes over so I can rest (did I mention I love my husband) gives Penelope a bath and puts her to sleep. He cleans up the pots and pans and tidies the house one last time. I watch a couple TED talks and scroll through my daily news sites. I decide that I'm going to start cooking more vegetarian meals for the fam since it's healthier and look up some good recipes to make for dinner tomorrow. Then my hubby paints my toes for me, since I can't reach anymore :/ He did it for my last pregnancy too...did I mention I love him?

9:00pm - Finish this post and upload pictures, except they aren't uploading. So I schedule the post for the following day and decide to deal with that issue tomorrow. Then I start on Ch. 2 for Business Statistics now. I have two tests, two critical thinking discussion posts and a survey project all due Sunday. I pretty much read until I start glazing at which point I give myself a break and I'll finish the chapter tomorrow.

10:00pm - Brush, wash and get ready for bed. Plan out our day tomorrow in my planner and then get in bed. 9 times out of 10 I'm reading a book, but since the library was closed today I don't have any new ones. Luckily my Business Statistics chapter was a snoozefest so it helps me go to sleep reallll easy!

Her favorite stop, saying hi to the dogs

We always stop at this house for her to do the "rock walk" and spin that little fan



No comments:

Post a Comment