SAHM LIFE: MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR MORNINGS

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

30-good-morning-quotes-to-awake-you.jpg

How you start off your morning I promise you will set the tone for the rest of the day. Both in how the day goes and in how you respond to it. Getting some sort of morning routine down has been probably the most important aspect of having a great day as a stay at home mom. I've read tons of information on what the most successful business people do in the morning, I've also read what SAHMs do in the morning. It's pretty much the same. So I decided to adopt their methods and it really is life changing!


WAKE UP EARLY.

As in earlier than your little. I wake up at 5:30am every morning and I get Penelope out of bed at 7:00. I always get brushing, flossing and breakfast out the way immediately. I absolutely love having a hot cup of tea by myself when it's quiet. I know we are all wishing for a little more sleep, but I've found that by not rushing through the morning it really leaves me so much more happy and patient throughout the day.


MEDITATE. 

Trust me guys. Do it for five days straight and tell me it's not life changing. I do it after breakfast, before I plan my day. It's only ten minutes and just sitting and noticing what's going on in my brain in silence is amazing. I use the app Headspace which is free the first ten days, ten minutes a day. Then I just re-use the first ten days over and over. If you want more then that, you can pay like $8.00 a month.


PLAN YOUR DAY. 

Speaking of planning your day, plan it early! I plan my week in advance, but I always grab my planner in the morning and look at what I got going on for the day. Usually, I add last minute stuff and I marinate on the events I've scheduled. This is the intention setting part of the day, I set my intentions on what's going to happen and also how I wish to act emotionally.


MAKE YOUR BED.

Tidy up your room and make your bed. It'll take you five minutes and you'll get that feeling of accomplishment. Works every time. It's so nice that by the time Penelope wakes up, our room is clutter free and my bed is made.


GET THE KIDS BREAKFAST READY.

About 10 minutes before Penelope wakes up, I go and make her breakfast. Usually it's oatmeal. I use almond milk, sprinkle in some cinnamon, raisins, chia seeds and honey. It's super easy and by the time she wakes up and I've changed her diaper, it's cooled down so she can eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment