HEALTH CHALLENGE: WEEK 3

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This week I only lost a little bit, but at least I lost! I'm three lbs away from 140's which I haven't been since almost two years ago. Even though I've been eating pretty well I've noticed that no activity at all really puts a damper on my weight loss. The last three days I started working light activity in and I feel fine so I'm going to stick with it!

As for diet I have been sticking to my "Eat like a Queen for breakfast, Princess for lunch and Servant for dinner" mindset. Obviously throughout making sure I'm making healthy choices but not going super health nut just yet. Eating a low carb dinner like salad or fish and veggies at 5-6pm and no food after. 

There is tons of conflicting opinions and information regarding the not eating after dinner idea. After doing research essentially it's a very mild version of a fast. I eat the lightest meal for dinner because all I'm doing after dinner is going to sleep. That will help my digestive system do it's work a lot easier and not go into overdrive. Right now it's working for me because I am so inactive that it makes sense for me to help my system out as much as possible. 

I found after starting no eating after dinner, my appetite as a whole went down pretty quickly. Also, my portions are smaller and still make me full. And I'm not using that as a substitution to eat crap during the day. I'm still very mindful of what I'm eating all day long. But my downfall I've noticed are weekends. When we are out I want to drink and eat amazing, horribly fat food...etc. But overall I'm happy I'm still losing weight. Slower then doing it with full blown exercise, but I gotta work with what I got!

Oh and yesterday we went on a little shopping spree for moi. It was a little celebration for making it through the past three months of one bad thing after another. And an ode to losing weight and wanting to wear something besides work out pants again. I'm so confident I'll get into the 140's by the time this 4th week is over, I even bought a crop top. Seriously, the midget shirts I thought only 12 year olds could wear. There is light at the end of the tunnel :)


My liver/chive/tofu stir fry.




Monday
Bfast: 2 Eggs w/ kale and bell pepper and whole wheat toast w/ pb
Lunch: Whole wheat sandwich w/ salami, turkey, lettuce
Snack: Special K cereal
Dinner: Honey CK salad
Drink: Green tea all night
Workout: Light strength training

Tuesday
Bfast: Thai green curry ck w/ eggplant, green beans and basil w/ rice
Snack: Banana/nut medley & coffee
Lunch: Thai green curry ck w/ eggplant, green beans and basil w/ rice
Snack: Carrot and celery sticks with 5 slices of salami and one slide of cheddar
Dinner: Honey CK salad


Wednesday
Bfast: Thai green curry ck w/ eggplant, green beans and basil w/ rice
Snack: Honeydew melon w/ salami and 1 slice of whole wheat toast w/ pb
Lunch: Liver, chive, tofu stir fry w/ rice
Snack: Carrot and celery sticks with 5 slices of salami and one slide of cheddar, cup of almond milk
Dinner: Honey turkey salad
Workout: Walk .7 miles.

Thursday
Bfast: Oatmeal w/ brown sugar
Lunch: Liver, chive, tofu stir fry w/ rice
Snack: Honeydew and pb toast
Dinner: Honey salad w/ tilapia

Friday
Lunch: Burger King Grilled Ck salad w/ homemade dressing
Snack: Chicken wings
Dinner: Sushi and tofu

Saturday
Lunch: Chicken wings, orzo salad and fruit salad
Snack: Chips and salsa
Dinner: Grilled chicken and salad
Excessive amounts of VODKA! :)

Sunday
Lunch: Claim Jumper brunch buffett - Steak, mac and cheese, sausages, veggies
Snack: Honeydew melon
Dinner: Honey salad with tilapia


This weeks tip
Keep the longterm goal in mind and say no to short term vices.















No comments:

Post a Comment