21 MONTHS: A RECAP

Sunday, August 30, 2015


Jeez only three more months and then this girl is a full blown two year old :/ I'm starting to really see her personality and I would say she is very easygoing, she is brave, nurturing, an awesome listener and very social. She's starting to be at that phase where she really wants to do things on her own. I try my hardest not to tell her how she should be doing things and just let her figure it out on her own. 

Her vocabulary right now is insane. Like, if I could say the number one things I hear about her all the time it's "Wow her vocabulary is amazing!". She's talk talk talk all day long and I try to engage her as much as possible and show her new things. As of a few days ago, she's also started holding out her hands and asking to pray before every meal. That right there honestly gets me every time. She says a simple prayer and then we get down to business.



I love that she's super brave and adventurous but she's also a girls girl. She LOVES getting ready, like she runs to her room when it's time and lays down for me so we can put her lotions on and get her outfit. She's totally diggin brushing her teeth too, even though right now her brushing is kind of a wash the fact that I never have to fight her to do it is great.

The thing I'm really trying to teach her right now is independent play. I think as a stay at home mom I can really feel as if it's my job to keep her entertained. So I've had to take a step back and stop being so exciting all the time. It gives her a chance to get bored of me and find something to do on her own. I'm so sad she's almost two, but I keep telling myself that the next stage will be so fun.



FAVORITE FOODS: PB&Jelly, Fruit, Rice
FAVORITE SONG: Uptown  Funk
NEW WORDS: She's saying full sentences now...pretty cute stuff
FAVORITE ACTIVITY: Swimming, playing with her baby
FAVORITE GAME: Tickling
CHORES: Load the laundry, set the dinner table, throw away her diapers, put laundry away, clean up before nap time and bedtime
FIRST TIMES: Big girl bed!
FAVORITE BOOK: Goodnight Moon
SIGNATURE MOVES: Saying she wants something then saying nooooo, somersaults, singing everything, putting on Chapstick all day long



No comments:

Post a Comment